Shed security checklist #keepyourtigersafe
For a step-by-step guide on shed security, take a look at our post on "How to Secure Your Shed". For a simpler, easy-to-read checklist of security items for your shed, read this post.
Keep your shed secure at all times using our handy checklist below!
We've produced a simple checklist on security features for your shed and log cabin. Share any tips with us! Please note that some of these security features may not be suitable for your garden building. If you have any queries then please discuss with us over Twitter and Facebook #keepmytigersafe
Shed Lock and Key
- Keep you shed in good condition – thieves look for weaknesses to gain entry, therefore making sure you shed is in good repair will put them off.
- Fit a closed shackle padlock to the door – from the outside this is clearly visible and can put off would be criminals due to the efforts they would need to gain entry.
- Fittings should be bolted through the door and any screws concealed.
- Fit grilles or mesh to the windows for visible security.
- Investing in an audible alarm is great to alert you or the neighbours of intruders. If you have an in-house alarm, speak with your electrician or alarm specialist about extending this into the shed.
A great product for security:
View the Tiger Sheds range of security products here. #keepyourtigersafe