Making A Stand for the Perfect Shed
Making A Stand for the Perfect Shed
After an amazing year of ‘firsts’ for the Tiger brand, we ticked off another one with a debut on the home & garden event scene, with our very first Tiger stand at the prestigious RHS Flower Show Tatton Park at the end of July.
If you’re going to start, why not start at the top? The RHS shows attract thousands of gardening experts and enthusiasts from across the country – a serious audience we were very keen to impress! Garden and building shows are a great way to introduce our range to savvy buyers, but as well as sales we wanted to raise Tiger’s brand awareness and the perception of our quality through association with such a high-status organisation.
The whole Tiger team has put bags of creativity and effort into producing a showcase for the full Tiger range. The stand featured six products from the collection: the Clara Log Cabin and the new Tiger Garden Pergola, the Tiger Potting Shed to the new TigerFlex® Sunlit Apex Shed sat alongside the Pressurised Log Store and the Tiger Storebox.
- The Clara 44mm log cabin was an essential part of the stand chosen for its large capacity. Wee needed to create a space that was part office blended with a comfortable space to sit down and relax. The Clara was an ideal choice.
- We knew that the RHS show would be a great place to launch the Garden Pergola, as it was a great opportunity to showcase its value as an oasis of calm, a place where busy showgoers could rest and relax. And we were not wrong!
- The Tiger Potting Shed was obviously a no-brainer at a gardening exhibition, and obviously attracted a lot of interest – especially as we were able to present it in all its versatile glory, as a place for nursery plants, tool store and so much more! There was a lot of interest in it, which is only natural as it has always proven popular with Tiger customers as a great gardening space.
- The TigerFlex® Sunlit Apex was a great choice as a newly launched garden shed combining the creative design, quality materials and quick delivery associated with the TigerFlex® range. TigerFlex® lets you place your door and window panels to suit your needs, with extra windows for more light and a better view of the garden. Perfect for all the growing tasks a keen gardener would need!
- Although it’s ideal for storing logs and spare wood for a fire, for the RHS show we used the Pressurised Timber Log Store as the framework for a display of plants and herbs, which was very well received by showgoers. Like all Tiger garden buildings, it was easy to customise to showcase a new use for it!
- We added the Tiger Storebox into the design as we needed a secure, weatherproof and discreet space to hold the various brochures, props, goodie bags that we needed for the show. Just as in real life, discreet, reliable and generous storage in the garden is always in demand, and the Storebox did just that. In many ways, the unsung hero of our display!
Arranged on a multi-level timber decked stand, the buildings were blended into an accessible floral setting using Tiger planters intermingled with upcycled pallets innovatively used to house herbs and flowers.
Our lead designer Katrina created the concept and layout for the stand and the floral arrangements.
When I was told we would be doing a stand for Tatton Park, I was of course very excited. I have watched many of the previous year’s RHS shows on the TV with great interest, so I knew the kind of standards we would need to meet to stand out.”
The stand not only generated a lot of interest and a fair few sales throughout the show, but also won a prestigious RHS Five Star Award. Unprecedented for a first-time exhibitor and awarded for the high quality of the stand. It was a great tribute to the creativity and effort that everybody involved in the project put in,nd the judges were really impressed….
“Tiger’s first stand at RHS Flower Show Tatton Park was an outstanding display. Tiger put in so much effort and all aspects of the stand design enhanced the product, brand and the show. We hope they attend again! “ said Daisy Tickner-Portet, RHS Senior Trade Stand Manager.
As well as introducing the Tiger garden building collection to over 60,000 passionate gardeners, wining a 5 star award, and making a few sales, just as importantly working on the project brought us closer together as a business. We didn’t just build a stand, we built a stronger team too.
“Everyone involved in the pre-build, set-up, event, and breakdown have shown what we can achieve when we work together at our best. Feedback from new customers,as well as those who already have our buildings and simply wanted to visit to tell us how happy they are. Itwas incredible’ adds Lauren our Head of Product.
“We held our own among the seasoned event exhibitors, and the number of people stopping to take photos of our stand and talk to us about what we do highlighted how proud we can all be of our efforts. It was a privilege to represent the Tiger brand at such a prestigious event, and the 5-star award was the cherry on top of a memorable experience that we can hopefully repeat in future!” continued Lauren.
We have already had our review meeting, looking at what worked and how we can enhance the stand for next time around. So, with a stunning debut under our belt, watch this space….we’ll be coming to an exhibition near you in the not so distant future! Keep a look out for invitations on social media and in your in-box!
Remember - with Tiger you receive our competition-beating 20 Year Guarantee, timber expertise stretching back over 100 years to 1913 and an extensive collection of high quality garden buildings.