The International Day of Happiness (also known as Happiness Day) is celebrated on the 20th of March throughout the world.
Around the globe, people are taking action to bring more happiness to their homes, workplaces and communities. Today you can also discover ways that you can bring more positivity to your life and for those around you.
This campaign is a global celebration to mark the United Nations International Day of Happiness. It is coordinated by Action for Happiness, a non-profit movement of people from around 160 countries, supported by a partnership of like-minded organisations.
People are now recognising that ‘progress should be about increasing human happiness and well-being not just about growing the economy’.
International Day of Happiness was founded on June 28, 2012 by the United Nations General Assembly.
Ten Keys to a Happier Living
According to Action for Happiness, these are the ten keys to a happier living.
How could you change your life following these points?
How you too can take part in this movement
There are so many creative things you can do to make the world a more positive and happier place to be!
- Head over to dayofhappiness.net to download a helpful guide on how to lead a happier life
- Take the Action for Happiness Pledge
- Create or take part in a local event (have a look around online and see what’s happening near you or create your own!)
- Thank people and be kind to others
- Do the ‘find three good things every day’ challenge
- Make a list of all the ways you can lead a happier life and share over social, this is a great way to inspire others and to motivate you.
Spread the word
Share with the rest of the world how you will be celebrating Happiness Day over Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and any other social media platform. Motivate and inspire others with your words!
You can also get social with us
Head over to our blog on 40 things to be happy about for more inspiration.