Autumn has arrived! Which means dusting off the Slow Cookers and embracing stodgy foods and warm soups.
So get your chef hats on and check out our 5 delicious Autumn Slow Cooker Recipes below!
Tweet us your favourtie @TigerSheds.
Cheesy Turkey Taco Soup
This recipe is perfect for when you don’t feel like cooking and just want to toss something in the slow cooker but still have a healthy and tasty meal on the table!
- 1.5 lb Jennie-O Turkey Breast Tenderloin
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning (gluten free option)
- 1 cup onion (diced)
- 1 cup green bell pepper (diced)
- 2 (10 oz) cans diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 8 oz cream cheese (cubed)
- 2 cups cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1 cup tortilla strips
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro leaves (chopped)
- 1 avocado (diced)
To view the full recipe head over to Whitney Bond.
Slow Cooker Beef & Coconut Curry
When the weather starts to become cooler a curry is one of the best ways to warm yourself up. Try this curry with a twist!
- 1 pack of lean diced beef steak
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- thumb-sized chunk of fresh ginger, peeled & grated
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 chillies, finely chopped (de-seed if you’re not a lover of heat)
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 200ml reduced fat coconut milk
- 4 cloves
- 2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 whole cauliflower, florets separated
- 2 tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 courgette, grated
- handful of mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
To view the full menu head over to Vie Choufleur.
Sweet Potato and Coconut Soup
Sweet Potato has grown in popularity over the years so this easy and tasty recipe should go down well with most people!
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 brown onion, chopped finely
- 2 large sweet potatoes, chopped into chunks
- 1 sachet of creamed coconut
- 1 teaspoon mixed herbs
- 2 teaspoons curry powder (I used a korma powder)
- 1 litre vegetable stock
To view the full recipe head over to They Grow So Quick.
Chipotle Chicken Quesadillas
Yep that’s right. You can cook Mexican Quesadillas in a Slow Cooker! Who knew?
- 1 Whole Chicken (about 1.7 kilo)
- 3 Dried Chipotle Chillies
- 1 tbsp Chipotle BBQ Sauce (or use ordinary if you can’t get chipotle)
- 4 cloves Garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 can Chopped Tomatoes
- 2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 2 tsp Cumin
- 2 tsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 8 Flour Tortillas
- 200g Cheddar Cheese grated
- Sour Cream
- 1 Lime
For the full recipe head over to The Cook Report.
Gluten and Dairy Free Fish Curry
Why should those who are gluten and dairy intolerant not enjoy a heart-warming curry?
- 2 pollock fillets
- 2 big (or 4 smaller) potatoes
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 handful of green beans
- 1/2 an onion
- 1 jar of Punjaban mild curry mix
- 1 Punjaban mild pilal rice kit (or use boiled rice if preferred)
- 1 tablespoon of turmeric
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- 250ml of water
For the full recipe head over to A Balanced Belly.